Monday, July 28, 2008

It's a Psychobilly Geek-out!

Well boys and girls, I can't resist it anymore. I've tried pretty hard to keep this blog from being just a list of cool stuff I've seen on the internet, and I've done an ok job so far. Today, that's all out the window. WAY too much has been going on, and I gotta let it out. I will try to keep these announcements to the things that were totally and completely awesome.
First off, the San Diego Comic-Con has, of course been a breeding ground for juicy nerd-food. First up, a certain mister Neil Gaiman will be writing-wait for it- Batman comics. This is very exciting. Not only that, but Mark Millar, who I mentioned in my last post, is also returning to Marvel's Ultimates universe, presumably to tear it down around us. In Animation news, Hulk vs. Wolverine was screened, and we also saw the trailer for Batman: The Brave and the Bold, the new cartoon coming out this fall. It's intended more for the kiddies, but hey, I'll still watch it. Speaking of kids and comic-con, the toy announcements were phenomenal, particularly on DC's side. The amount of new toys they have coming out is astounding, and many of them are characters that have rarely had toys ever made of them, including...The Question! In fact, there are 3 Question toys coming out soon, but I'm most excited for this one. We've been waiting for a long time, but he was held back due to legal reasons. And let's not forget Comic-Con costumes, including The Summers Family, A Henchman and Dr. Killinger, and Hot Booster Gold.
Next, on to video games. All I can say is that I'm glad I don't own a PS3 or a 360, because I would be circling the money drain. There are a lot of impressive games coming out. I will mention some of them quickly. Dead Space is a Sci-fi survival, horror game, where you fight creepy monsters (that used to be people) and try to stay alive. The coolest feature is that the music responds to the situation, making the game even more cinematic. Mirror's Edge is a first person game, which moves free running into the video game world in a dramatic way. I'd call it a shooter, but you can actually complete the game without shooting anyone. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 should be wonderful as long as the gameplay stays about the same. The update in graphics looks amazing. DC has two games in development that keep looking better and better. DC Universe Online looks like more and more fun each time I see it, and, to my surprise, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe looks like one the best fighting games I've seen in a long time. The Close Combat and Freefall features are cool in that way that they're completely ridiculous.
Finally, perhaps the most important link of all the many links I just posted. If you know me, then you know that there is a particular 80's movie starring one Jeff Bridges that is an extremely important part of my upbringing. Well guess what baby? Sequel time! I can't believe it. Tron 2! I am unbelievably ready for this to happen. And Jeff Bridges is back too! Hurray! Unfortunately, the title is unpronounceable. How do you say Tr2n? I can't. Also, Wolverine teaser trailer. Blob and Gambit baby! Also, Emma Frost?
Now that you've seen how much time I spend watching trailers on the inter-tubes, I am going run in shame. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Max said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Lord I am a dork..