Monday, June 23, 2008

Double Stuf Oreos: Too Delicious?

I have consumed far too many of these babies in the past few days. Nabisco must have a pact with the Devil himself, cuz these things are sinful. Far too tasty they are, but they seem so harmless with their tiny roundness. Curses!
I've been listening to the latest Coldplay album lately. It came out last week. I can't say that I've listened to it in depth, but from what I've picked up so far, it's kind of average. I mean, it's still good Coldplay, but it doesn't exceed their earlier stuff. Viva la Vida is definitely their best song. It's all good, and was worth the ten iTunes bucks I spent on it, but it's just a bit overproduced and a bit 'more-of-the-same' for me.
New Futurama movie tomorrow! Wow, that snuck up on me. I'm pretty excited. I mean, who can say no to new Futurama? I can't. So much media consumption this summer. Curse you for stealing my money! And curse those Oreos again! Why must there be so much stuff I like?
As I expressed earlier, I did not have work today, but will be in tomorrow. I hope that I might be able to work there more, but the flexibility is really nice. If I get some more creative projects going, though, the time off would be keen. I do want to finally finish/write a full comic book script, but I'm not sure where to start. I have plenty of ideas, and I'd like to develop "Steam World" more (my steampunk universe, title still in development), but we'll see where I end up. I'm currently obsessed with the idea of Superhero Horror, so I may start there.
Nathan and I started fleshing out a HiaHH exclusive superhero universe. We've already got some good ideas, but it definitely needs to be developed more. One idea that I particularly like is a new economic group, known as the "Red Collar" workers. They get their name from the Red Shirts of Star Trek fame, and fill the positions like henchmen, or the Science Police, etc. Basically a job where a super-powered person is likely to kill you in the line of duty. Oh, collateral damage. Most of the characters are humourous, but we're trying not to go overboard into completely ludicrous. It's a dangerous line to tread.
So, there's this event going on in World of Warcraft right now called the Midsummer Fire Festival. There's lots of fun things to do, and there are neat trinkets and prizes to be had for doing them. One main practice of the festival is visiting the bonfires that have been set up all over the world and honoring the flame. All you have to do is talk to a guy standing near it and he gives you some money and such. However, if you go to the opposing side's bonfire, you can "desecrate the flame" and put it out. This is accomplished by right-clicking on it, accepting a quest, and then their flame goes out. I haven't yet figured out what the process of putting out the flame entails, but I imagine that the word "desecrate" probably tells you a lot.
Well, that's all she wrote sports fans. I apologize for grammtical mistakes and errors spelling, but hey, it's free. What did you expect?

No comments: