Sunday, June 22, 2008

iPhone, Eat Your Heart Out


Ah, so much to cover. Well, not that much I suppose. Hurray for weekends! So, yes, my first week in New York is over, and everything has been going swimmingly so far. I'm not sure if my department is going to need more than just the Tuesday and Thursday spot, so I'm going to go in on Tuesday and see if they could use me more, or if maybe another department could use another pair of hands. I'm here, so I may as well work with them as much as I can.
I went swimming for the first time in who knows how long yesterday. It was a great time, but I'm definitely not used to being underwater. I'll have to make more use of the pool in the future. Later we headed out to New Joisey to see Nathan's friend Amar. He's a cool kid! We all had Japanese food (which is another luxury for me) and went to see 'Get Smart' at the movie theater. Which is silly, since you have to go to a theater to see it right now anyway. But it was a lot of fun. Steve Carell was great as Maxwell Smart. Perfect mix of competence and hilarity. Good times to be had by all. Also, Hiro Nakumara was in it, and so was Patrick Warburton, so how can you lose?
I found a church that's about two miles from the Riemer's. It was a nice place. It's got to be a few years old though, since the archictecture is a bit different than most I've seen. Very nice though. Lots of wood. Well, that's about it. Otherwise I've just been maxing and relaxing over the weekend. More updates to follow. Just a few things you'll want to remember: beware your iPods, and, most importantly, there can be only one! Cya.

No comments: