Monday, July 21, 2008

Something to Show For It

Ok, first things first, this is too cool to let slip until the bottom of the post. Speaking of posts, take a look at the images I've had on this blog for the past few entries. I wonder if that means something?
Well, I've been tinkering around with an idea for a short, one-shot comic, and I decided to pencil out some rough breakdowns of the paneling on each page before I write the script. This idea either came from Alan Moore's essay, or I made it up. Either way, it doesn't matter. I thought it would be a good exercise to try and put things down visually, and then write descriptions of those into the script, rather than the other way around. It'll give me a good sense of what a script and pencils together would look like. Once I have a script I'll be done with this project for now. Just for now. More excitement to follow!
If I can think of a good way to get the breakdowns online I will. I don't have a scanner, and they're not that big, and frankly, they're not that good, so I am probably too embarrassed to put them up right now. But give me some time. We will see.
It's tentatively titled "Bloodlust", and explores the life of a Vampire as one of an addict, rather than an undead Demi-God. I'm sure it's been done, but it was something I felt like doing, so I did.
Hurray for progress! Expect to see the script when it's done, but don't expect me to answer too many questions about it before then. I guard my creative endeavors closely until I feel they can weather the storm on their own.
I felt like I was going to write more than that, but I can't remember what that would be. Oh well. In some unrelated Lego news, if anyone would like to spend $400.00 on this for my birthday, I would enjoy it. Also, a trailer for the Lego Universe MMO game. It looks like it's CG, and not in-game, but I feel like the last 5 seconds or so are a completely accurate portrayal of what that game will be like.

1 comment:

Max said...

Oh man... lego universe? I may have found an MMO at last...